Friday, June 24, 2011

Trade rumors aplenty on the day of the draft...

Five and a half hours until the draft begins and we're hearing rumors of trades heating up. Dennis Bernstein at The Fourth Period is reporting on his twitter account that the Flyers are looking to get into the top-3, and may have a package including Versteeg or Carle and the #8 overall pick for Colorado's #2. Personally, I don't think it would happen. Versteeg has too many question marks, and room would need to be made on defense for Carle.
I like much better the idea of Stastny and Galiardi being traded to Florida for their #3 pick, negotiating rights to Vokoun, and a 2nd/3rd rounder or a prospect. Throw me into the fire if you will, but I don't think Stastny is an ELITE top-center. I think Duchene will turn into that, and the team needs to make room for him up there.

No comments:

Post a Comment